The First Annual Ho Ho Ho Run!
What it's All About:
This is a fun run the whole family cannot miss! Help us fill Downtown Tyler with more Santa Clauses than Tyler has ever seen. You ask how will be done? It is very simple. Every entrant from child to grandparent will receive a full Santa suit with their entry. Pants, Jacket, hat and beard! Let's get our Santa on!
Benefiting the East Texas Food Bank
The Ho Ho Ho Run will be collecting canned food at the event, as well as collecting cash donations from runners for the East Texas Food Bank. You will have the opportunity when you register to designate a cash amount to donate to the Food Bank directy. Your additional donation will benefit them 100%. Please keep in mind that $1 = 8 Meals.
The Food Bank is requesting Peanut Butter and other non-perishable items for the Food Drive.
Each suit includes pants, a belt, a jacket, hat and beard! We will have youth sizes as well!
All are Welcome!
This is an untimed fun run that will make memories for all your family, friends and neighbors.
Post Race Fun:
We will be filling the Downtown Tyler Square with Christmas vendors and entertainment.
There are prizes for the best dressed Santa, the largest corporate Santa Group the largest Family Santa Run team, fastest male Santa runner and fastest female Santa runner.
What you get with your entry:
- A complete Santa suit
- A great 5k and 1-mile run course
- A Ho Ho Ho Christmas Celebration
- Entertainment and Christmas fun
- Make a one-of-a-kind memory with your friends and family
Friday, December 13 from 10am-6pm
Academy Sports & Outdoors
8668 South Broadway Ave.
Tyler, TX 75703
The green course is the 1-mile(ish) and the red course is the 5k(ish) route.
- Travel east on Interstate 20
- Take EXIT-556 and turn right (south) on U.S. Highway 69
- You will arrive on the northwest corner of Tyler's Loop 323 in approximately 7 miles
HOUSTON, TX (195 MILES):
- Travel north on Interstate 45
- Take EXIT-178 in Buffalo and turn right (east) on U.S. Highway 79
- Approaching Palestine, turn left (west/north) on Loop 256
- Exit Loop 256 at intersection with State Highway 155 and turn left (north)
- You will arrive on the southwest corner of Tyler's Loop 323 in approximately 42 miles
AUSTIN, TX (220 MILES):
- Travel north on Interstate 35
- In Waco, merge onto U.S. Highway 84 to the right heading north/east
- After approximately 6 miles, merge left onto State Highway 31 heading east
- You will arrive on the west side of Tyler's Loop 323 in approximately 115 miles
SHREVEPORT, LA (90 MILES) :
- Travel west on Interstate 20
- Take EXIT-571A and turn left (southwest) on U.S. Highway 271
- You will arrive on the northeast corner of Tyler's Loop 323 in approximately 9 miles
The number one question! Look you and I both know there is no way we stop anyone from using their music devices. We do not have a closed course so there will be times when you will be sharing streets with cars. We ask you to be alert and be aware of your surroundings. But yes, you can use your MP3 player.What if i arrive late? can i start and run the course anyway?
We cannot guarantee your ability to stay on course and receive police protection if you arrive and start late. We would not recommend starting more than several minutes after the start time.Can i register the day of the race?
Yes.Can someone else pickup my packet?
Yes.Is there a charge for parking at the event?
We have free parking available in downtown tyler. please find more information at the directions & parking section on the details page.Will photos be taken along the course and at the finish?
Yes, our race photographer is Jerry Glover Photography.Once i register for the event, will i be sent instructions about the event?
Once you register, if you provide an email address, we will send a pre-race email providing you with all event week information and links you should need. We will not however send you frequent emails leading up to the event. We feel you get enough emails in your inbox without our contributionCan i run with a running stroller or with my dog?
We will allow strollers. but no dogs.What if i cannot attend and participate after registering?
There are no refunds.If you have any questions that have not been answered here, please email us: